It's time for you to start thinking about entering into competition with some of those beers you and your friends love to brew so much. I suggest you consider the Mid Winter Homebrew Competition.
Here's a handful of reasons why:
1. One of the winning Bock entries (BJCP categories 5A, 5B, 5C, or 15C) will be chosen by the Milwaukee Ale House to be brewed commercially by Milwaukee Brewing Co. The chosen entry will then be tapped during a special event honoring the entrant at the Milwaukee Ale House.
2. The Best of Show brewer will be featured at the 2011 Beer Barons World of Beer Festival along with one of their creations!
3. Proceeds support the MACC Fund. Founded in 1976, Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to funding childhood cancer and related blood disorder research.
4. You can get some feedback from some BJCP trained judges.
5. The Mid Winter Homebrew Competition is on the Midwest Homebrewer of the Year circuit.
This competition is brought to you by the combined forces of:
The Mid Winter Brew Fest will fall on Sunday, February 20th. Registration for competition entry will be open from January 1st to February 15th. Competition entries will be accepted for drop-off at Northern Brewer Milwaukee between January 15th (10am) and February 15th (3pm). $6 per entry, 2 unmarked 10-12oz brown or green bottles sealed with unmarked plain bottle caps with bottle labels attached by rubber band.
If you have questions or are interested in helping judge, steward, or assist in any other facet, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or competition director (email@example.com).