- Oil/cooking spray to grease your waffle iron
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 12 oz bottle home brew (I reccomend Weissbeer, stout or Belgian golden strong)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted and cooled butter
1. Prepare your waffle iron - preheat as you make the batter.
2. Combine the dry ingredients. Mix the beer with the eggs. Stir melted butter into beer/egg mixture. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry; mix thoroughly, but don't over mix. If the mixture is too thick to pour, you can thin with a little additional beer, milk or water as needed.
3. Spread a ladleful or so of batter onto the greased waffle iron and cook until the waffle is done, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your waffle iron. Serve with your choice of toppings - maple syrup, powdered sugar, fresh fruits or honey all work nicely.
Thanks to Mark Bittman for the always reliable recipes!